Co:Z 1.1.0 Release now includes SFTP client

Discussion of Co:Z sftp, a port of OpenSSH sftp for z/OS
dovetail
Site Admin

Co:Z 1.1.0 Release now includes SFTP client

Post by dovetail »

Today we have released version 1.1.0 of the Co:Z Co-processing Toolkit for z/OS.

Additions to this release include:

1) A new port of the OpenSSH sftp client for z/OS. This client can
be found as the "cozsftp" executable in the $COZ_INSTALL/bin directory.
It adds support for z/OS datasets and features the same file transfer options as the Co:Z sftp-server released previously. A new sample JCL member, "RUNSFTP", is included as an example of how to run Co:Z sftp in a z/OS batch job.

2) The "catsearch" command has been updated to include a "-t" option, which can be used to format the output in delimited form, suitable for programmatic processing.

eg: catsearch -t hlq.**

For more information, see: http://dovetail.com/docs/sftp/index.html
Last edited by dovetail on Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
itdbeu

Post by itdbeu »

Hi
Can I run the SFTP Client(RUNSFTP) on Zos without the Co:Z server? We are a shop that does not allow inbound traffic.

Thanks
dovetail
Site Admin

Post by dovetail »

You can certainly run the cozsftp z/OS client only, without running a server. This is the same as if you were running IBM's version.

A couple of notes:
- You still need to have IBM's Ported Tools / OpenSSH installed, since the cozsftp command still requires the "ssh" client command.

- You don't need to configure or run an SSHD server in order to use the Co:Z sftp client.

If you have other questions and want to discuss off-list, feel free to contact me.

Kirk Wolf
info@dovetail.com
itdbeu

Post by itdbeu »

Thanks Dovetail. I thought that was ok. I do have the Openssh installed and using the BPXBATCH now.

Thanks again