General discussion of the Co:Z Toolkit
itdbeu

COZLNCH failing

Post by itdbeu »

Hi

I am running zos1.9. I set up the Cozproc and when I start it goes
down on RC=101. The only thing I get is the following:

CoZLauncherÝN¨: version: 1.1.0 2008-10-20
CoZLauncherÝN¨: Copyright (C) Dovetailed Technologies, LLC. 2006. All rights reserved.
PropertiesÝE¨: No target-user property found

I searched the knowledge base and found nothing to go on.
Any ideas where to start?

Thanks

Mike
dovetail
Site Admin

Post by dovetail »

It looks like you are not specifying the target userid (and host) where you want to launch an SSH connection.

For example:

// EXEC COZPROC,ARGS='userid@host'
//STDIN DD *
# shell script to run on remote system
env
//
itdbeu

Post by itdbeu »

I guess I am a little confused. Is the Cozproc similar to SSHD server that runs?
dovetail
Site Admin

Post by dovetail »

COZPROC is a "client" tool that uses the ssh client to start a process on a remote system. You don't need to run SSHD on z/OS to use it, but you need to have the ssh client (from IBM's Ported Tools / OpenSSH).
itdbeu

Post by itdbeu »

Dovetail.
Thanks for responding quickly. In the samp library I see the BPXBATCH replacement(DTLSPAWN) which is mostly what I use today. However I also run SSHD server on ZOS to log into with SSH. Which member would I tailor to be the server?

Thanks

Mike
dovetail
Site Admin

Post by dovetail »

The Co:Z Toolkit has several components:

1) DTLSPAWN - a better replacement for BPXBATCH

2) COZLNCH (proc COZPROC) - a client for launching remote processes which are controlled by z/OS and which can reach back and access datasets

3) Co:Z SFTP client - the "cozsftp" command, an enhanced alternative to the "sftp" client command from IBM Ported Tools/OpenSSH

4) Co:Z SFTP server - an enhanced alternative to the "sftp-server" from IBM Ported Tools/OpenSSH. To use this you need to follow the provided instructions for modifying your sshd configuration file.

5) Dataset Pipes - "todsn" and "fromdsn" Unix commands which are handy for accessing z/OS datasets from z/OS Unix (and remotely via SSH and Co:Z Launcher)

So, that's a general idea of what is included. I'm not sure what you need :-)
itdbeu

Post by itdbeu »

Ok Thanks