errno=239 when trying to SFTP UTF-8 file?

Discussion of Co:Z sftp, a port of OpenSSH sftp for z/OS
magnus

errno=239 when trying to SFTP UTF-8 file?

Post by magnus »

Hi!

We are trying to SFTP a UTF-8 file to our z/OS thats running on codepage IBM-278.

I get these messages in the trace, anyone who can tell me more what they mean? Is everything translated OK anyway? I know that its telling me about the char for NewLine but is this something I need to be bothered about?

Cut from trace:
CatalogSearchÝF¨: <- convertViaIconv()
ZosPosixFileÝT¨: open: localNlChar=x15 remoteNlChar=x0a remoteLineSep=x0d0a0000
ZosPosixFileÝT¨: open: translator without table
ZosPosixFileÝT¨: <- open(fd=7, mode=8, errno=239)

Br.Magnus Persson
dovetail
Site Admin

Post by dovetail »

"open: translator without table" simply means that a simple table wil not be used for translation. This is probably because you are translating using multi-byte encoding.

The errno=239 that you seeing in the trace is misleading. The file actually opened successfully (fd > 0). We will correct this so that a non-zero errno doesn't display in the trace.

Otherwise, do you have reason to believe that the transfer or translation did not occur correctly?
magnus

Post by magnus »

The file is transfered OK, but I don't know if it's translated OK, since the file is sent to us in a format that is supposed to go into an application, so I can't really "read" it to see if it's translated OK.

I was really only concerned since there is a message about an error in the trace, but since you explained the errno=239 for me I guess it's OK.

I will ask our customer to read the file into their application and see if it's OK.

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll put in a new post when I have had a response from our customer.

Br.Magnus
magnus

Post by magnus »

Just a little update...

Our customer have now inspected the file and everything seems to be OK so I guess the translation worked as it should!

Br. Magnus