CO:Z TOOLKIT - CANT FIND PREALLOCATED LOADLIB

General discussion of the Co:Z Toolkit
BHMGATOR

CO:Z TOOLKIT - CANT FIND PREALLOCATED LOADLIB

Post by BHMGATOR »

I have successfully installed product on 8 LPARS but have install issues my other 5 LPARS. Same process is being used on each LPAR and loadlib has been allocated and cataloged on each system.

When it ask for the loadlib to use - I specify SC90?.BV8285.LOADLIB where ? = site code. It keeps saying can't find loadlib - do you want to create one. I verified library exist and is cataloged. I used same process for each site so I am stumped at the moment.

Do you agree to the above license terms? (yes or no)
yes
Enter home directory (/usr/local/coz) :
/bto/sys/coz
/bto/sys/coz is an existing non-empty directory, reuse it? (y/n) :
y

Enter new or existing target PDSE load module library name (SYS1.COZ.LOADLIB):
SC90O.BV8285.LOADLIB
BPXW9045I Invalid continue from BPXWRTSO
20 *-* address TSO 'listd '''lmodDSN''''
+++ RC(20) +++

The PDSE load module library 'SC90O.BV8285.LOADLIB' does not exist, create it? (
y):

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
dovetail
Site Admin

Post by dovetail »

The Co:Z installer includes a REXX script that creates and copies the files and modules, and it seems to be failing trying to do a TSO listd command using:

address TSO 'listd '''lmodDSN''''

The BPXW9045I message indicates that the REXX TSO host command environment failed.

There seems to be something wrong with your z/OS USS environment. Can you create a test script file in USS and see if you get the same failure?

Code: Select all

/* Rexx */
address TSO 'listd ''SC90O.BV8285.LOADLIB'''
Make this executable using "chmod +x" and run it and see if you get the same failure. You might also try running this script under a z/OS SSH shell (not under TSO). If you still have this problem, you might wish to use this test script to open a PMR with IBM.

As a workaround for the installer, you can manually copy the loadmodules and SAMPJCL to your pre-allocated PDSE and PDS respectively:

cd <coz install directory>
cp -X loadmodules/* "//'SC90O.BV8285.LOADLIB'"
cp sampjcl/* "//'HLQ.COZ.SAMPJCL'"
(Watch the double and single quotes carefully above, and replace "<coz install directory>" with the path the the Co:Z base install directory.

Finally, if you want to make symbolic links in a PATH directory to the CO:Z Unix executables, you can do this:

install/create-symlinks.sh <PATH directory>
If you are familiar with REXX, the install script is in <coz install dir>/install/install.rexx

An alternative would be to simply copy the USS filesystem, PDSE, and SAMPJCL libraries from the working LPARs to this one, but I suspect that you may have some z/OS Unix issues on this LPAR that should be addressed.
coz

Post by coz »

This problem may be related to your copy of the binary /bin/bpxwrtso. On one of the failing LPARs, run the extattr command - you should see the following results:

extattr /bin/bpxwrtso
/bin/bpxwrtso
APF authorized = YES
Program controlled = NO
Shared address space = YES
Shared library = NO
If the APF authorized value is NO, that is likely the problem.

Also, check your syslog after running the failed installation - there may be a related abend report that might help resolve the issue.