Setting PATH used by cozclient command

General discussion of the Co:Z Toolkit
sctebnt

Setting PATH used by cozclient command

Post by sctebnt »

How can I set the PATH used by the command executed by the cozclient command on the MVS side?

The goal is to only list the actual command I wish to execute as the argument to cozclient, instead of listed a fully qualified path.

I need to use PATH vs. just setting a variable to the location too, because I need the full functionality that PATH offers.
dovetail
Site Admin

Post by dovetail »

Are you using cozclient from a script or program executed via the Co:Z Launcher?

If so, you can set the PATH in the CO:Z Launcher job by adding the property:

server-env-PATH=whatever
sctebnt

Post by sctebnt »

Yes, I am running CoZ:Launcher.

I just tried using the set server-env-PATH=value in the COZCFG DDName and it did result in my expected results, but not completely.

When I run the following, I expected the original PATH to be included in the modified PATH, but that was not the case.

Code: Select all

server-env-PATH=/u/@17171/prd:$PATH
Is there a better way to set the path to meet my needs and retain the original value of PATH?
dovetail
Site Admin

Post by dovetail »

Configuration settings for the Co:Z Launcher don't support substitution of shell variables.

Regarding PATH, the Co:Z Launcher sets this to /bin, and then adds the Co:Z install/bin directory.

If you want to change the PATH, set it to /bin followed by any other directories that you want. The Co:Z install/bin directory will automatically.

If you want to use a shell script to configure properties, you can use the "properties-exit" property.