Problem with symlinks created during CO:Z install

General discussion of the Co:Z Toolkit
mmayne

Problem with symlinks created during CO:Z install

Post by mmayne »

At the end of executing install.rexx, the create-symlinks.sh shell script in the install directory is executed. All the symlinks created have the z/OS version prefix added:

# ls -al /usr/local/bin
total 50
drwxr-xr-x 2 OMVSKERN HHSYSMGT 736 Apr 5 15:44 .
drwxr-xr-x 7 OMVSKERN HHSYSMGT 416 Apr 5 14:49 ..
lrwxrwxrwx 1 OMVSKERN HHSYSMGT 33 Apr 5 15:44 catsearch -> /MVSE/usr/local/coz/bin/catsearch
lrwxrwxrwx 1 OMVSKERN HHSYSMGT 33 Apr 5 15:44 cozserver -> /MVSE/usr/local/coz/bin/cozserver

The version prefix on the front of the path name (in this case /MVSE) really messes me up, because when I clone my system for maintenance, all of these paths point to a maintenance environment that may or may not be mounted, and may or may not even exist any more. There needs to be some kind of option to suppress adding this on to the front of the path name...
dovetail
Site Admin

Post by dovetail »

Yes, what is happening is that install/create_symlinks.sh is resolving any symbolic link contained in the install directory before creating the command symlinks.

I can see why this is undesirable, and we will fix the installer in an upcoming release.

In the mean time, you would have to manually create the symlinks for commands listed in "create_symlinks.sh" using the "ln -s" command.
mmayne

Re: Problem with symlinks created during CO:Z install

Post by mmayne »

Yo, just installed 1.10.0, and this issue looks to be fixed! Thanks all! Also, the automatic configuration of the SAMPJCL library (to use the installed-to dataset names) is definite plus. Don't forget the documentation updates (if any)...

Y'all do great work!!

My thanks.
-Mike