Co:Z install script thought.

General discussion of the Co:Z Toolkit
john.mckown

Co:Z install script thought.

Post by john.mckown »

This is just a thought about a possible change to the Co:Z ".bin" UNIX installation script. I put each version of Co:Z into its own subdirectory, which is a mount point for a version specific zFS file system data set (TSSPV.PLEXLIH1.COZ.version.ZFS) where "version" is like V2R2M0 and so on. What I do at present is not too difficult, but I thought it might be nice if it were integrated into the install script. I do:

cd /HealthMarkets #subdirectory for the company
curl http://www.dovetail.com/downloads/coz/coz-version.bin #fetch the install script
mkdir coz-version
zfsadm define -aggregate TSSPV.PLEXLIH1.COZ.version.ZFS -cylinders 30
zfsadm format -aggregate TSSPV.PLEXLIH1.COZ.version.ZFS -compat
mount -f TSSPV.PLEXLIH1.COZ.V2R3M1.ZFS /HealthMarkets/coz-version
chmod 750 ./coz-version.bin
./coz-version.bin

I also have z/OS disk volumes mounted properly so that the script can dynamically create the PDSE libraries properly.

What I was thinking might be nice would be to prompt for values and then have the script do the mkdir; zfsadm; and mount commands for me. I guess that I could just make my own script to do this. It wouldn't be too difficult.

===

Also, since the script is prompting for the names of the PDSE libraries, why not have a sed in the script to change all the COZUSER.COZ to the proper data set names for me? Yeah, I'm a lazy bum.