Is it posible to run Infocenter w/ eclipe and JZOS on z/OS?

This forum can be used to discuss using the open source Eclipse IDE to develop z/OS Java applications.
Wally18

Is it posible to run Infocenter w/ eclipe and JZOS on z/OS?

Post by Wally18 »

IBM is starting to send the manuals of certain products (Tivoli Omegamon, z/OS 1.9, etc...) in side an infocenter help system using the Eclipse technology. I woul like to have this infocenters in my own server inside the z/OS to have all the docs available in my intranet.
I have done a similar script that is along the CD with the infocenter to run in my z/Os.The aspect is this:
/usr/lpp/java/J1.4/bin/java -classpath /u/sgu2477/zfs/manuales/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.help.base_3.1.0/helpbase.jar org.eclipse.help.standalone.Help -eclipsehome /u/sgu2477/zfs/manuales/eclipse -plugincustomization plugins/com.ibm.help.doc/plugin_customization.ini -command displayHelp -host 127.0.0.1 -port 80
I can not run this script successfully nor from a USS script nor with JZOS Launch. Using the JZOS Launch on my z/OS. The JCL is this:

//JVMJCL JOB MSGCLASS=X,CLASS=T,NOTIFY=SGU2477,
// REGION=8M,MSGLEVEL=(1,1)
//JVMJCL1 JCLLIB ORDER=TPLEX.SISPROC
//JAVA EXEC PROC=JVMECLI,
// JAVACLS='org.eclipse.help.standalone.Help',
// LOGLVL='+T' < Debug LVL: +I(info) +T(trc)
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=* < System stdout
//SYSOUT DD SYSOUT=* < System stderr
//STDOUT DD SYSOUT=* < Java System.out
//STDERR DD SYSOUT=* < Java System.err
//CEEDUMP DD SYSOUT=*
//ABNLIGNR DD DUMMY
//STDENV DD *
export LIBPATH=/usr/lpp/java/J1.4/bin/classic:/usr/lpp/java/J1.4/bin
export CLASSPATH=/usr/lpp/java/J1.4
export CLASSPATH=/u/sgu2477/e
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lpp/java/J1.4/bin
export PATH=/bin:/usr/lpp/java/J1.4:/usr/lpp/java/J1.4/bin
export ECLIPSEHOME=/u/sgu2477/zfs/manuales/eclipse
//MAINARGS DD *
'-cp /u/sgu2477/zfs/manuales/eclipse/plugins/
org.eclipse.help.base_3.0.1/helpbasse.jar'
'org.eclipse.help.standalone.Infocenter '
'-eclipsehome eclipse'
'-plugincustomization plugins\com.ibm.help.doc\plugin_customization.ini'
'-host ts91 -port 8888 -command displayHelp'
/*

Is is posible to run the infocenter in z/OS? is it posible another option?

Many many thanks.[/quote]
dovetail
Site Admin

Post by dovetail »

If the application uses Eclipse, then you probably can't run in directly on z/OS - Eclipse has some native libaries, like SWT that would have to be ported to z/OS.

Isn't InfoCenter a graphical user interface? Would you *really* want to run that on your z/OS server??

Maybe you can just put the files on your z/OS server and mount them remotely on your workstations and run the InfoCenter gui on your workstations.
Wally18

Post by Wally18 »

Thanks Dovetail, yes you are more or less right, the Infocenter is a bunch of java classes and you only call them by this way:
--
java -classpath eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.help.base_3.1.0/helpbase.jar org.eclipse.help.standalone.Infocenter -eclipsehome eclipse -plugincustomization plugins/com.ibm.help.doc/plugin_customization.ini -port 8888 -command start -noexec
--
If I run it on my PC, the result is that a little web server is opened and I can access it via browser: http://127.0.0.1:56979/help/index.jsp
So that my intention was to do the same on z/OS because I do not know how to inport the Infocenter package with the manuals to my IBM HTTP Server on z/OS.

Many thanks.
ssslokesh005

Re: Is it posible to run Infocenter w/ eclipe and JZOS on z/OS?

Post by ssslokesh005 »

Hi, all Recently i joined.. i am learning Java... very interesting things on this... i will try these thanks