Switching from another sftp server

Discussion of Co:Z sftp, a port of OpenSSH sftp for z/OS
pvwoude

Switching from another sftp server

Post by pvwoude »

I'm interested to know if anyone else has switched from Tectia SSH server to the Co:Z SFTP server. One of my main concerns is if we can easily replace and accomodate how Tectia handles the request to create a new z/OS dataset. For example, when a job running on windows uploads a dataset to a z/os dataset, they use the following syntax on the sput (tectia client)

sput D:\sourcefile.txt /ftadv:B=0,x=text,C=ISO8859-1,I=dos,J=mvs,D=IBM-1047,conddisp=delete,lrecl=137,U=yes,f=line,recfm=fb/__'HLQ.HT.XXX.TRANS.BBB(+1)'

Could one of the exits be used to take the /ftadv string and apply that in the Co:Z SFTP server environment?

Thanks,
Peter
dovetail
Site Admin

Re: Switching from another sftp server

Post by dovetail »

Yes, the Co:Z CHKCMD exit could be used to parse the "file name", set a new file/dataset name and set dynamic transfer options.

See the Co:Z SFTP Exits guide for more information:
https://dovetail.com/docs/sftp/coz_sftp_exits.pdf
pvwoude

Post by pvwoude »

Will the dynamic transfer options work on 4.5.1? We're still on a z9.

Peter
dovetail
Site Admin

Post by dovetail »

No, sorry. The support for allowing a CHKCMD exit to set options for the current transfer was added in 5.0.0.
pvwoude

Post by pvwoude »

ok, thanks. I should be able to upgrade to 5.0.0 later this year, when we move our lpars to a z14.

I'll just keep moving forward on the work, to change the sftp client process we have in place to use cozlauncher to do the sftp sessions (we provide a front end rexx for our programmers to use. It allows me to do some double checking, and make sure that a transfer job doesn't puke out, if a dir or ls fails.