COZSFTP.SMF.SOCK

Discussion of Co:Z sftp, a port of OpenSSH sftp for z/OS
mwdazzo

COZSFTP.SMF.SOCK

Post by mwdazzo »

We are using Co:Z SFTP version: 6.2.1 for our client to connect to a ssh server. After updating zos from 2.4 to 2.5 we began getting the ICH408I messages below with certain sftp jobs. We did NOT get these messages with zos 2.4. I looked at the coz manuals and found info about setting coz loglevel and interimlogging but I have not found a specific way to eliminate these informational ICH408I messages. We could change the access rights on /VAR/LOG/COZSFTP.SMF.SOCK but I do not understand why a zos upgrade would cause this? We did not change our RACF DB or access rules. In the zos 2.4 /var/ directory there is no /LOG/COZSFTP.SMF.SOCK

Any help is appreciated, thanks Matt

Current setting.
loglevel=I
NOinterimlogging

ICH408I USER(xxxxxx )
/VAR/LOG/COZSFTP.SMF.SOCK
CL(DIRSRCH ) FID(E3E9F2F5D7F2206100000000001E0002)
INSUFFICIENT AUTHORITY TO STAT
ACCESS INTENT(--X) ACCESS ALLOWED(OTHER ---)
EFFECTIVE UID(0000001001) EFFECTIVE GID(0000001001)
dovetail
Site Admin

Re: COZSFTP.SMF.SOCK

Post by dovetail »

Co:Z SFTP checks for the existence of a /var/log/cozsftp.smf.sock file. For this to work, your /var directory (and /var/log if you have one) need to be searchable by all users (the world 'x' bit). Apparently you have this correct under 2.4, but not 2.5.

IBM recommends in "z/OS UNIX System Services Planning" - "Customizing /etc/rc" that you setup /var like this:

Code: Select all

# Allow only file owner to remove files from /var
chmod 1777 /var
The RACF warning that you are seeing will not cause any problems with the operation of Co:Z SFTP.

Note: I fixed the above since I copied the wrong block from the manual
mwdazzo

Re: COZSFTP.SMF.SOCK

Post by mwdazzo »

Thank you