IO Exception - Java

General discussion on the JZOS batch launcher and toolkit
techno

IO Exception - Java

Post by techno »

My Java application has thrown below exception, while writing to the datset.

IO Exception:EDC5092I An I/O abend was trapped.; _errno= X'0000005C
' (92), _errno2= X'00000000' (0)
at com.ibm.recordio.os390nonvsam.NativeException.throwIoExWithUntranslat
edMessage(NativeException.java:172)
at com.ibm.recordio.os390nonvsam.NativeException.rethrow(NativeException
.java:109)

Java version: 1.3; App is on OMVS. Using JRIO (old)
Is it dataset-full? Could somebody help me?

Post by Guest »

We can't really help you too much with IBM's JRIO package, since we don't use it. You might try the ZFile class included in JZOS.

The error that you are getting is from the LE runtime, here's a description from the manual:
=============================================
EDC5092I An I/O abend was trapped. Explanation: An I/O abend has occurred during an I/O operation (open, read, write, position, or close) and has been trapped. Recovery was attempted. Programmer Response: Check the __amrc structure defined in z/OS XL C/C++ Programming Guide for an explanation of the fields. System Action: The I/O operation fails. The stream is marked in error and all further I/O operations on this stream fail. Symbolic Feedback Code: EDC4V4
=============================================
Of course this a completely useless... It basically says that there was an abend and that it was trapped. What abend, you ask? Well, that must be a secret :-) Check the job/system log to see if a specific abend message was issued to give you any more clues. Other than that, you will probably have to open a problem with IBM.

Sorry that I can't be of more help.