Launcher stop working

General discussion of the Co:Z Toolkit
usaajrm

Launcher stop working

Post by usaajrm »

The launcher has been working as of two weeks ago. I tried today and now it does not work. I get a rc of 102 and the error list below. Can you tell what may have changed in my environment that might contribute to this type of error?

Ý21:55:54.674293¨ CoZLauncherÝE¨: <30> spawnp(/bin/ssh) - EDC5157I An internal error has occurred. (errno2=0x0B1B0473)

The job log is producing a RACF message and I don't know if these are new. disregard the ?? and #####, I'm suppose to mask it.
IEF403I ??3#####Z - STARTED - TIME=21.55.54
ICH408I USER(??##### ) GROUP(@OS ) NAME(DOE, JOE
EZB.INITSTACK.B011.NWTCPB CL(SERVAUTH)
INSUFFICIENT ACCESS AUTHORITY
FROM EZB.INITSTACK.*.NWTCPB (G)
ACCESS INTENT(READ ) ACCESS ALLOWED(NONE )
coz

Post by coz »

Did you recently upgrade your version of IBM Ported Tools OpenSSH? The most recent version (1.2) causes ssh to run in a separate address space, which will cause the error you're seeing.

You don't mention which version of Co:Z your are running. Versions since 1.7.2 have been successfully tested with Ported Tools 1.2. If you are running an older version, you should update. The latest version (1.8.0) is available on our website here: http://dovetail.com/downloads/coz/index.html
usaajrm

Launcher stop working

Post by usaajrm »

Thank you. We are running 1.6 of Co:Z. I have asked the admins to update the softwae to 1.8. I'm waiting to hear what the version of Openssh we are running.
usaajrm

Launcher stop working

Post by usaajrm »

I did find another hit on the forum that seemed related. It recommended to change ssh-shareas= from MUST to YES in the configuration file. I did that and it worked. We are still going to update the software but it is working.
usaajrm

Post by usaajrm »

Just wanted to share, I requested the software to be updated by the linux and z/os admins. Of course, the linux guy is faster. I thought for sure it would not work. Yet, I ran it anyway. The host was 1.6 and linux was 1.8. It worked. So happy to see that. Thanks dovetail.
usaajrm

Post by usaajrm »

BTW, the z/OS guys will be updating the beta system later in March. :-)