licensing and support of tomcat

Issues and Questions related to running Apache Tomcat on z/OS
saikat7.g

licensing and support of tomcat

Post by saikat7.g »

This is Saikat from Tata Consultancy Services and we have used Tomcat T:Z for proof of concepts in system Z.

The product was really helpful for us.

Now there is a need to deploy Tomcat T:Z in development environment and as it is a freeware we are a bit sceptic about deploying it.

Now i want to know whether there is anybody who provides complete licensing and support of tomcat so that it can be deployed in product environment
Please provide those information as soon as possible.
dovetail
Site Admin

Re: licensing and support of tomcat

Post by dovetail »

Currently we make the our T:Z packaging of Tomcat + our z/OS extensions that are part of T:Z Quickstart for Tomcat available in open source under the Apache 2 license.
...but we *currently* don't offer commercial support for z/OS Tomcat (other than the as-is community support available on this forum).

Of course, other companies provide commercial Tomcat support, but I don't know of any that support the z/OS platform. If anyone is aware of companies offering this support, please let us know.
GouravSood

Re: licensing and support of tomcat

Post by GouravSood »

Hello,

Even we are looking for Commercial support of Apache Tomcat on z/OS. In one of the requirements of our application, we need to install Apache Tomcat on z/OS but our client's mainframe team is not ready to install as Tomcat is open source. Please let me also know if anybody have any idea of Commercial support of Apache Tomcat on z/OS.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Gourav.