Tomcat 6 download

Issues and Questions related to running Apache Tomcat on z/OS
lbjerges

Tomcat 6 download

Post by lbjerges »

Hi!

I have been trying to install the Tomcat 6 version on a system that has Java 5 and JVMLDM56.
After doing the configs I get:
Java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: (com/dovetail/jzos/url/zfile/Handler) bad major version at offset=6
This seems to indicate some problem regarding this class av the jre but I'm at a loss on how to fix it.
I have an older, I think, version of ibmjzos.jar that might be of use but that jar-file is not in the distribution so I don´t really know how to replace it.

Do you know of a way to run this distribution under jre 5.x or do I have to use jre 6?

Regards Lars

-SDSFS *JZOS
dovetail
Site Admin

Re: Tomcat 6 download

Post by dovetail »

Yes, this is a problem with this Class file being at JRE version 6 level.

Tomcat 6 should run at SDK 5, but apparently, we inadvertently compiled this jar with JRE 6 level.

So the workaround is to use SDK 6 or 6.01 on z/OS.
lbjerges

Post by lbjerges »

I just wanted to add that, after summer holidays, I found the proper jvm (6.0 64 bits) and JZOS executabe and everything works allright. Thank you.

Lars
Jarvise

Post by Jarvise »

is an open source web server and servlet container developed by the Apache Software Foundation (ASF). Tomcat implements the Java Servlet and the Java Server Pages (JSP) specifications from Oracle Corporation, and provides a "pure Java" HTTP web server environment for Java code to run.

Tomcat is not the same as the Apache web server, which is a C implementation of a HTTP web server; these two web servers are not bundled together, although they are frequently used together as part of a server application stack. Apache Tomcat includes tools for configuration and management, but can also be configured by editing XML configuration files.
and it is developed by ASF and it is great platform for java codes to run.