lsjes Enhancement

Discussion of the Co:Z Toolkit Dataset Pipes utilities
kevinmorris

lsjes Enhancement

Post by kevinmorris »

We currently have multiple JES2 MAS's with multiple systems per MAS. I would like the "lsjes" command output to display the system (XEQ) where the job is currently running. Is this already possible with "lsjes" or can it be easily added as an enhancement?

For example, in this two-system MAS, I see two syslogs with this command:

Code: Select all

lsjes -o* -p syslog

Jobid    Jobname  Owner    Status   Class Completion
STC04165 SYSLOG   +MASTER+ ACTIVE   STC
STC04092 SYSLOG   +MASTER+ ACTIVE   STC
I would like to see which Jobid is running on which member in the JES2 MAS so that I can further process it with fromdsn.

Thanks!
Kevin
dovetail
Site Admin

Re: lsjes Enhancement

Post by dovetail »

lsjes currently only uses the unauthorized "Extended Status" subsystem interface.

The information that you are asking for I believe would require (APF-authorized) JES commands.

As an alternative, I would suggest that you could write a shell script in REXX that uses the SDSF - REXX api to get this info.
john.mckown

Post by john.mckown »

Just out of curiosity, why not put in an APF authorized path in your products? You can test for APF authorization, at least in HLASM, with the TESTAUTH macro. The installation documentation could then indicate that the ... functionality requires APF authorization via a post-installation step by a properly authorized administrator; to issue the z/OS UNIX "extattr -a <pgm>" command in order to active the extra functionality.

I don't know if this would be worth the effort or not. It's just an idea.
dovetail
Site Admin

Post by dovetail »

Its a good suggestion - we actually do that for the Co:Z SFTP server. Some customers want to run it APF authorized, since they have exits that need to be APF authorized. There is a sample script that will relink it AC=1 and extattr +a. If during execution we detect APF authorization, then we use the authorized macro interface to write SMF records rather than BPX1SMF which requires FACILITY/BPX.SMF access.