Sample for cozsftp_client.rc?

General discussion of the Co:Z Toolkit
tracy.sisco@us.pgds.com

Sample for cozsftp_client.rc?

Post by tracy.sisco@us.pgds.com »

Hello,

I just downloaded CoZ Toolkit v2.2.0 last week and am working through set-up. User's Guide pg. 7 discusses set-up of the Co:Z SFTP Client, indicating that the contents of /etc/ssh/cozsftp_client.rc and $HOME/.ssh.cozsftp_client.rc will be included at the start of the command. There's a 2-line example for the obsolete OpenSSH Accelerator, which doesn't apply to us. I also didn't find anything in the sample diretory.

Please tell me where I can find a samples to start with or an example of what kind of command line arguments are typically included in these override files.

I presume the one in /etc/ssh would apply to site-wide settings, while those in $HOME/.ssh would be user-specific settings or overrides to the site values. What is the default if one or none of these are specified?

Can several of these be set-up within the $HOME/.ssh directory and referenced at execution time? (I'm thinking of possible use by job scheduler, which might need to pick up different values by application, for example).

Thank you.
coz

Re: Sample for cozsftp_client.rc?

Post by coz »

The options specified in the cozsftp_client.rc files are usually related to the underlying ssh client session. So, for example, you might specify these commonly defined options:

COZSFTP_CLIENT_OPTS="-oConnectTimeout=60 -oServerAliveInterval=60 -oStrictHostKeyChecking=no"

If these are site-wide preferences, they would be placed in the /etc/ssh version of the file. If individual, they would go in $HOME/.ssh

Options specified here are typically static across all sessions.

WRT to you question about runtime selection of options - please refer to Appendix B "Session config files", specifically the file pattern specific options. File patterns can be set up to match on specific file names, setting the required Co:Z file transfer options.

Many of our customers use cozsftp in batch, rather than interactively. If you plan to do this, I would recommend that you look at the sample batch scripts in $COZ_HOME/samples/sftp_batch, which make batch invocation much simpler.

Thank you for the heads up on the accelerator example, we'll update the user's guide.
tracy.sisco@us.pgds.com

Re: Sample for cozsftp_client.rc?

Post by tracy.sisco@us.pgds.com »

Thank you Steve. I'll have a look at Appendix B.

We'll likely use cozsftp almost exclusively in batch. So I'll also have a look at that sample.