Abend0C4 in DtlLog

Discussion of Co:Z sftp, a port of OpenSSH sftp for z/OS
PaulB42

Abend0C4 in DtlLog

Post by PaulB42 »

I am testing Co:Z SFTP for a customer, and it was working fine a few days ago but is now abending.
The actual operation is successful, it connects to the remote machine, and successfully sends a file, but then I get this:
CEE3204S The system detected a protection exception (System Completion Code=0C4)
From entry point DtlLog::logmsg(int,...) at compile unit offset +0000066A at entry offset +0000066A at
address 0DCD7942.
CoZBatch.I.: returning rc=exitcode=139

And...
CAPE022I TSGD14CZ RUNSFTP ABENDED S0C4 IN PROGRAM EDCVSPTF AT OFFSET +001254.

This is Co:Z 2.11
CoZBatch.N.: version 2.1.1 2012-03-16

I did see a similar problem reported somewhere in these fora but it was for an old release so presumably fixed by now
coz

Re: Abend0C4 in DtlLog

Post by coz »

If you have the CEEDUMP related to this problem, send it to us at info@dovetail.com and we'll take a look. The joblog of the failure would be helpful as well.
coz

Post by coz »

Your CEEDUMP and joblog indicate that you are encountering an error while trying to write an SMF message. We have a known issue with our error message processing in this case, and it is fixed in the latest version of the toolkit (2.2.1). From the revision history:
Fixed an error (0C4 abend) occurring with SMF enabled and Co:Z SFTP encountering an error writing SMF records. The error was occurring when Co:Z SFTP logged an error message about the SMF write failure.
You can avoid this issue if you update to the latest version of the toolkit. If this is problematic, you can work around the issue by disabling smf recording:
Edit /etc/ssh/cozsftp_config and in the fixed: section add the "nosmf" parameter so that your file looks like this:

# Fixed section
fixed:
nosmf
However, it would be best to update.
PaulB42

Post by PaulB42 »

Many thanks for this.
The nosmf workaround has indeed fixed this. I will upgrade to 2.2.1 asap

Thanks
Paul