cozclient BPXWDYN with OUTDES

General discussion of the Co:Z Toolkit
tsdjim

cozclient BPXWDYN with OUTDES

Post by tsdjim »

I have been using the following syntax for cozclient to dynamically allocate a SYSOUT and it works fine:

cozclient /u/mydir/cgi-bin/bpxwdyn.rexx \
"alloc dd(OUTDD) recfm(F) lrecl(131) sysout(X) msg(2)"

I now needed to add UCS DEST COPIES so I modified it as follows but it gives a rc=255:

"alloc dd(OUTDD) recfm(F) lrecl(131) sysout(X) DEST(#101) UCS(XBAN) COPIES(2) msg(2)"

So I tried to add an OUTDES with the following two statements but the OUTDES seems to be ignored:

"outdes(mydes) DEST(#101) UCS(XBAN) COPIES(2)"

"alloc dd(OUTDD) OUTDES(mydes) recfm(F) lrecl(131) sysout(X) msg(2)"

How do I specify these attributes DEST COPIES UCS for the dynamic llocation?
dovetail
Site Admin

Re: cozclient BPXWDYN with OUTDES

Post by dovetail »

Sorry, never tried using OUTDES with BPXWDYN.

Do you think that your problem is related to running BPXWDYN remotely? Does it work as you expect if you do this from a local z/OS shell?
tsdjim

Post by tsdjim »

Shouldn't this have worked without OUTDES, using just DEST UCS COPIES on the alloc:

"alloc dd(OUTDD) recfm(F) lrecl(131) sysout(X) DEST(#101) UCS(XBAN) COPIES(2) msg(2)"
dovetail
Site Admin

Post by dovetail »

I don't know.
Does it work without OUTDES if you do it locally from a z/OS shell? (there should be absolutely no difference).
If not, you might open an ETR with IBM, or post a question to the mvs-oe list (the developer of BPXWDYN will often reply there).
waleed222

Post by waleed222 »

So I tried to add an OUTDES with the following two statements but the OUTDES seems to be ignored:
Our Actual Exams and testking Testking istqb certification pass guarantee. You can get access to ged practice test and rasmussen with multiple prep resources ofMiami International University of Art & Design good luck.