JZOS components in Java SDK 7

General discussion on the JZOS batch launcher and toolkit
EarlHodil

JZOS components in Java SDK 7

Post by EarlHodil »

My systems programmer just put up a new release of the ADCD for z/OS 1.13, and now I can't find anything (and so far he hasn't been much help). I noticed, from browsing around, that we now have the SDK Version 7. Where can I find a list of JZOS components for this version? I'm looking for a list that has actual file and dataset names, so that I'm not fumbling around in the dark. Just point me to the (good) doc and I'll take it from there.
dovetail
Site Admin

Re: JZOS components in Java SDK 7

Post by dovetail »

The JZOS Installation and User's Guide, SA38-0696-02, can be downloaded from here:

http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/z/os/zos/ ... rview.html
EarlHodil

Post by EarlHodil »

Good doc to be sure, but unfortunately it sent me back to a data set I already looked at: SYS1.SIEALNKE. On my system, there is no batch launcher in there, so it must be somewhere else (or it wasn't installed). If I could find the pax file, I could install it myself.

Any ideas where the pax file might be found?
dovetail
Site Admin

Post by dovetail »

If the SDK was installed via SMP/E, you can find the batch launcher modules and which target library they were installed to.

If not installed with SMP/E, you have to copy the load modules yourself from the zFS filesystem.
There is actually better information in the SDK6 version of the manual (also on that webpage). In that version, there are appendices on SMP/E vs non SMP/E install. I'm not sure why IBM dropped these in the SDK 7 version.

Best to open an ETR with IBM on this
EarlHodil

Post by EarlHodil »

Eureka! Upon closer inspection, the reference you sent me had the clue I was looking for. I'm back in business. Thank you so much.