FOTS1346 Permission denied

Discussion of the COZBATCH utility for z/OS
misery

FOTS1346 Permission denied

Post by misery »

Hi all...

It's my first time with this products, so probably I don't have configure anything or something is wrong:

For test I tried:
//RUNCOZPW EXEC PROC=COZPROC,ARGS='-LI wizard1@127.0.0.1'
//COZCFG DD *
ssh-options=-oStrictHostKeyChecking=no
server-env-PASSWD_DSN=//WIZARD1.JOBS.PASSWD(PASS)
server-env-SSH_ASKPASS=/usr/local/coz/bin/read_passwd_dsn.sh
server-env-DISPLAY=none
//STDIN DD *
uname -a
env

but I've got these errors:

/usr/local/coz/bin/read_passwd_dsn.sh prompt: "wizard1@127.0.0.1's password: "
FOTS1346 Permission denied, please try again.

FOTS1373 Permission denied (publickey,password).

CoZLauncherÝE¨: CoZAgent process (496) ended with RC=255
CoZLauncherÝE¨: CoZAgent process (496) ended, but no cozagent completion was recorded.
CoZLauncherÝE¨: CoZLauncher ended with RC=102

My file with password is one line that looks like this:
xxxxxx18
in hex:
AAAAAAFF4444444444444444444444444444444444444

what I do wrong ?
TIA

R.
dovetail
Site Admin

Re: FOTS1346 Permission denied

Post by dovetail »

This message from IBM Ported Tools ssh indicates that your password wasn't accepted:

I assume that you have tested this password?

Otherwise, you should be getting a message like (which I don't see in your post) -

fromdsn(WIZARD1.JOBS.PASSWD(PASS)[N]: 1 records/80 bytes read; 9 bytes written in 0 milliseconds.

Are you getting this? How many bytes are written (should be the password length plus 1 for the newline character). If you are getting 81, then you probably have line numbers in your data set.

If you are not getting this message from fromdsn each time it tries to read you password dataset, then something is wrong.

Add this line to COZCFG to get more trace data:

server-env-COZ_LOG=T
misery

Post by misery »

Hi

I didn't noticed that I had some errors in syslog, related to my REGION size...
I changed it and everything is OK.

Thanks for your help....
hopestone

Post by hopestone »

Hi Dovetail,

Getting back to a Reply you uploaded, I have a question on the part of "password written": in my case that there is message of "81 bytes written....", it means "~ line numbers in your data set." which I need to have more detail. My password is 8 bytes long plus 1 new line character but have read 81 bytes instead of 9 bytes. As you mentioned, what is the line numbers that I have in this member in password dataset? This is a PDS and has a member PWD in it and 8 letters password hardwired in it. Here below has more detail about the JCL and view of the PWD member:

//COZSFTP.STDIN DD *
~
export PASSWD_DSN='//TEC3973.MYDATA.CNTL(PWD)'
~

********* ************************************* Top of Data **************************
000001 XXXXXXXXX
******** ************************************** Bottom of Data *********************
dovetail
Site Admin

Post by dovetail »

Hi hopestone,

If you see: "81 bytes written....." when reading your password data set, then you probably have line numbers in columns 73-80.
If you are using ISPF EDIT, you might have to scroll to the right to see columns 73-80. The ISPF EDIT "UNNUM" primary command can be used to remove line numbers.
hopestone

Post by hopestone »

Hi,

There is no numbers in column 73 to 80 at all. It depends on the Edit mode in any profile and based on the Emulator. We have experienced those various Edit mode in the Profile. Especially when we put a new CPU keys, those Numbers used to cause error in step of Assembly and also depends on the Vendors Key Generation steps.

In this case, I have run with RC=00 but a few other Coz Batch since our FireWall and the user password has not been reseted from unauthorized FTP submitters. There are a few of FTP Servers my ID as a submitter might not been allowed to use as seen in job output. The 1 records/80 bytes read; 81 bytes written in miliseconds….. message has been ok with a few FTP servers, but not other servers that the password has been flagged with a firewall and server protection..... As a result, the 81 bytes written is not an issue but the user password and the firewall could be a possible issue in this case.

Thanks for the feedback
Hopestone