Jetty and SAF

General discussion on the JZOS batch launcher and toolkit

Jetty and SAF

Post by Guest »

I have tomcat up and running using the SAF documentation...

Is there a similar SAF setup for Jetty?

-Rob.
dovetail
Site Admin

Post by dovetail »

No, sorry. The hard part has already been done, but someone would need to figure out how to implement Jetty's equivalent on a Tomcat security Realm class. Any takers?

If there is sufficient demand, we can put it on our list.... anyone that is interested, please post a reply to this thread.

Post by Guest »

I am assuming that you are referring to the customization in Tomcat's server.xml.

I did some poking around in Jetty's documentation. I don't think it will be too hard to do. (of course my last statement may be later qualified a FLW .. famous last words) :D

I will give it a try.
KirkWolf

Post by KirkWolf »

FYI, Jetty supplies a sample "JdbcLogonModule" class which you might look at as an example.
mwilliam

Post by mwilliam »

Well,
I can't say I have even attempted on setting up Jetty for SAF,
because I lacked the authority for setting the "program controlled extended attribute." Let alone finding a system's guy who's comfortable enough with HFS files at our local site.

However, for EXPERIMENTING purposes, I have been able to clone Jetty’s HashUserRealm class and adapted it to authentic the user id by calling the FTP client (that comes in the current release). Basically, for each authentication, I start a brief open, logon, and close FTP session. I guess only neat feature of concept, is that the actual user validation takes place on any FTP server that is selected (within the firewall).
williamPK88

Re: Jetty and SAF

Post by williamPK88 »

One remark I have is that in the event that you are a "z/OS traditionalist" importance you know rexx, then that can be utilized with BPXBATCH. We utilize it all the time for all our USS sort script work.