copy load module member from pds

General discussion on the JZOS batch launcher and toolkit
MEYKH2014

copy load module member from pds

Post by MEYKH2014 »

hello!
I am interested to know how can i copy load modules (for example compiled cics program) from one pds load library to another unde JZOS.
can you send me an example
i saw JZOS examole befor this but there is no sample about this.
best regards
dovetail
Site Admin

Re: copy load module member from pds

Post by dovetail »

JZOS would allow you to use BPAM via ZFile to do IO to PDS members, but these won't generally work for program objects (load modules).

But you can use the z/OS UNIX "cp -X src target" shell command to do this. (See the man page for cp on how to use PDS data sets).
You can run a UNIX command from JZOS (or any Java app) using the Runtime.exec() method. JZOS has a com.ibm.jzos.Exec wrapper for Runtime.exec() that simplifies its usage that you may want to look at.
MEYKH2014

Re: copy load module member from pds

Post by MEYKH2014 »

dovetail wrote:JZOS would allow you to use BPAM via ZFile to do IO to PDS members, but these won't generally work for program objects (load modules).

But you can use the z/OS UNIX "cp -X src target" shell command to do this. (See the man page for cp on how to use PDS data sets).
You can run a UNIX command from JZOS (or any Java app) using the Runtime.exec() method. JZOS has a com.ibm.jzos.Exec wrapper for Runtime.exec() that simplifies its usage that you may want to look at.
I try to use that and i will send its feed back here if i've any problem!
thank you