COZBATCH requirements

Discussion of the COZBATCH utility for z/OS
igortr

COZBATCH requirements

Post by igortr »

I use COZBATCH for batch sftp job from mainframe to sftp server and ran into a following situation: to execute a job I used a user ID which does not have neither .HFS file associated with it nor OMVS segment but the job still executed successfully and file was transferred to the destination. Is .HFS file and OMVS segment mandatory for receiving an sftp file and optional for sending?
Thank you.
Forgot to mention: i use UID and password to authenticate with the server.
dovetail
Site Admin

Re: COZBATCH requirements

Post by dovetail »

You must have an OMVS segment to use Co:Z SFTP or Co:Z Batch.

Depending on your z/OS release, you may be using the "Default OMVS Segment", or for later releases, a automatically assigned OMVS segment and UID.

See this article for information: http://enterprisesystemsmedia.com/artic ... 1445971775

BTW: Co:Z SFTP does not require that you have a unique home directory for each userid, but IBM Ported Tools OpenSSH (for some features) may require one.
igortr

Post by igortr »

thank you very much for the detail answer. I run this job with debug -vvv- and based upon the job output, I can see that this ID is accessing OMVS segment, even though we did not created one for this specific ID. Is there any information in the job log, which can tell me whether I am using Default OMVS segment or automatically assigned UID and OMVS segment.
thanks again
dovetail
Site Admin

Post by dovetail »

No, there is nothing in the job log that tells you where your OMVS segment came from.