Unable to get error.log

Discussion of Co:Z sftp, a port of OpenSSH sftp for z/OS
dmitchell

Unable to get error.log

Post by dmitchell »

Hello,

I'm testing with co:z on z/OS 2.1 by connecting to the sftp server via psftp.

I issue (like shown in your example):
rm //user.coz.sampjcl, then try to get error.log

get /+/error.log and I receive message:
local: unable to open error.log

I also tried with mode=text

If I look in /tmp from the z/OS side, I find:

Code: Select all

BROWSE    /SYSTEM/tmp/sftp-server.dmitche.323.171752.50331767.log                   Line 00000000 Col 001 111 
  Command ===>                                                                                 Scroll ===> CSR  
 ************************************************ Top of Data **************************************************
 Co:Z SFTP Server version: 4.1.0 (6.4p1) 2016-10-04                                                             
 Copyright (C) Dovetailed Technologies, LLC. 2008-2016. All rights reserved.                                    
 Connection established, local_addr=10.102.1.3 local_port=22 remote_addr=192.168.250.247 remote_port=58261      
 ZosUtil[E]: Remove failed.  "//USER.COZ.SAMPJCL" does not exist.                                               
 ZosSmf119Record[I]: User not authorized to BPX.SMF class; SMF recording disabled                               
 ZosSettings[I]: Transfer options: mode=binary                                                                  
 PosixFile[I]: Closing file /SYSTEM/tmp/sftp-server.dmitche.323.171752.50331767.log - 0 bytes read, 0 bytes sent
 ZosSettings[I]: Transfer options: clientcp=ISO8859-1,mode=text,servercp=IBM-1047,trim                          
 PosixFile[I]: Closing file /SYSTEM/tmp/sftp-server.dmitche.323.171752.50331767.log - 0 bytes read, 0 bytes sent
 *********************************************** Bottom of Data ************************************************               
thanks
Dana
dmitchell

Re: Unable to get error.log

Post by dmitchell »

Update:

It appears that I can't get *any* file:

psftp> get zapverid
local: unable to open zapverid
psftp>     

In error.log:

ZosDataset[I]: Opening dataset DMITCHE.JCL.CNTL(ZAPVERID) for read with options: shr             
ZosDataset[I]: Closing dataset //DMITCHE.JCL.CNTL(ZAPVERID) - 0 records read, 0 bytes sent       

dovetail
Site Admin

Re: Unable to get error.log

Post by dovetail »

Please enable a Co:Z SFTP server trace -

in $HOME/.ssh/sftp-server.rc, add the following:

export SFTP_SERVER_OPTIONS="-e -l debug3"
export COZ_LOG=F
Email us the trace to info@dovetail.com and we will review it.