Specifying Source IP Addr with Co:Z SFTP Client

Discussion of Co:Z sftp, a port of OpenSSH sftp for z/OS
hroman

Specifying Source IP Addr with Co:Z SFTP Client

Post by hroman »

On our z/OS system, we have two network interfaces. We will be configuring these with different IP addresses for an address migration project.

We will need to test SFTPs from the new address while the old address continues to be the primary address for the LPAR.

FTP allows you to specify the source IP address, in a parameter, when you start the outbound connection. I am looking for a similar parameter in the Co:Z SFTP client. I did not find an option in the documentation.

Is there a parameter that I missed or that isn't documented to specify the source IP address or source interface?

Jerry Roman
hroman

Re: Specifying Source IP Addr with Co:Z SFTP Client

Post by hroman »

Still waiting on a reply to this question/issue.

Jerry Roman
dovetail
Site Admin

Re: Specifying Source IP Addr with Co:Z SFTP Client

Post by dovetail »

Specifying an alternate source ip is an option in the IBM z/OS OpenSSH client used by CO:Z SFTP.
See: the "BindAddress" option in the ssh_config section of the IBM z/OS OpenSSH User's Guide (for your version).

You can use ssh options from the CO:Z SFTP client using the "-o" switch.
Eg: -oBindAddress=192.168.10.235

You could also update your /etc/ssh/ssh_config to set BindAddress for various hosts/patterns/subnets, so that no changes to JCL or scripts will be required for OpenSSH applications.

Also, you should be able to use the "_BPXK_SETIBMOPT_TRANSPORT" environment variable to select stack affinity for the OpenSSH client.
Here's a good reference for using CINET (multiple stacks) in a z/OS environment:

See: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... 8529&aid=1