Help with tofile

General discussion of the Co:Z Toolkit
usaajrm

Help with tofile

Post by usaajrm »

Looking for a tofile for dummies help. I'm attempting to copy a unix file to HFS file using tofile. The tofile version i'm using has the -ssh userid@host parameters. It fails with a 255, permission denied. I have a rough idea that i need to setup ssh keys. Here is where i don't have alot of experience with ssh keys. Can you tell me what is needed to get tofile to work? And after my test job, using my id, is done. I need to setup a production version of the job. The production version will use a production service account id. It will be the OWNER value used to run the job. do ssh keys need to setup for this id also? Any help is appreciated. I will start reading the docs. oh, i failed to mention. the production service account is not an interactive account. what options are there to deal with type of id, aka no password id.?
dovetail
Site Admin

Re: Help with tofile

Post by dovetail »

What is your client? Where is the zFS/HFS file and where is the Unix file?
usaajrm

Post by usaajrm »

HI.
It all starts with a z/os batch job running the cozproc passing it the id@servername argument. the we issue the todsn command after cd(ing) over to the file location. The zHFS location is back on the same system the cozproc is running on.
dovetail
Site Admin

Post by dovetail »

It would be great to see an example, but it sounds like you are doing this ?

Code: Select all

// EXEC PROC=COZPROC,ARGS="myuser@myserver.com"
//MYDD  DD DSN=HLQ.DSN,....
//STDIN  DD *
# this running on the remote server
cd /serverdir
todsn //DD:MYDD < someserverfile
//
If so, then just add:

Code: Select all

tofile /zosdir/zfsfile < someotherserverfile
usaajrm

Post by usaajrm »

I apologize for the scant information. I rushed to get the question out. You deduced correctly on what i wanted to do. I was on chapter 4.2 of the Data Pipes section trying to something like this: cat /tmp/data | todsn -ssh -p 2222 user@zos.myco.com 'hlq.input.dataset'. Which is why i asked for the 101 class on ssh. lol. Your example worked for me. i can see the owner of the zFS is the OWNER value of the batch job. Thank you for the help.