Leveraging more COZBATCH

Discussion of the COZBATCH utility for z/OS
usaajrm

Leveraging more COZBATCH

Post by usaajrm »

We have a BMC product called CONTROLO. Its primary capability is to monitor syslog. Then it allows actions to be performed if a particular syslog message is detected. Today, this product allows a TSO command to be executed. Which inturn we execute a lot of rexx programs. They are about to release a new capability. Which allows a USS rexx or script to be executed. The documentation states the script/rexx will run in a BPXBATCH environment. I'm interested in knowing if there are any known z/os configurations to allow us to substitute COZBATCH. Sorry in advance for not having a deep knowledge behind what i'm asking. But i hope this is enough for you understand what i'm asking for. The apparent benefits we are after is to be able to extend our solutions to include COZ capabilities in this area of automation for us. Today, we execute the tso rexx to spawn a COZBATCH job. Then we leverage cozbatch utilities to execute actions on distributed servers. Be nice if we could streamline a little by running COZBATCH directly.
dovetail
Site Admin

Re: Leveraging more COZBATCH

Post by dovetail »

COZBATCH is just a batch utility, so if Control-O offered customization (?) to how it submits JCL, then this is certainly possible.