Possibility to delay connection or re-connect

Discussion of the COZBATCH utility for z/OS
igortr

Possibility to delay connection or re-connect

Post by igortr »

I have a scheduled batch sftp job using cozbatch program. this job runs 7 days a week but every Sunday receiving server is down for maintenance between 10 am and 4 pm. My jobs abends because it cannot connect to the server. Is there a tool or some way utilizing Dovetail Technology software to avoid SFTP abend due to connection error. Ideally can cozbatch be setup to check for the connection status and if it is not available to check back in a certain period of time and connect when the connection is up and running.
I understand that is more like a fantasies but I could be wrong.
Please advise.

Thank you.
igortr

Re: Possibility to delay connection or re-connect

Post by igortr »

dovetail would you please review and respond.

thank you
dovetail
Site Admin

Post by dovetail »

From https://dovetail.com/docs/sftp/cozsftp_ref.html

Starting in release 6.1.0, the exit code returned by the cozsftp command indicates more clearly where a failure occurred. When a non-zero return code is set, it will be one of 8 (failure in SFTP), 12 (failure starting an SSH connection), or 16 (the SSH connection failed after starting SFTP). If the original OpenSSH sftp exit codes are required, export environment variable COZ_SFTP_EXIT_CODES=OLD

You might want to consider having your scheduler check for RC=12 from the Co:Z SFTP job step and then have the job restarted at that step at a later time.

Note: I just noticed that your email is for a company that has an Enterprise License and Support agreement. We strongly suggest that you open a ticket for questions a problems there rather than use the Community forum.
igortr

Post by igortr »

Thank you. I will open a ticket for this subject.