class not found com.dovetail.jzos.ErrnoException

Issues and Questions related to running Apache Tomcat on z/OS
rschramm

class not found com.dovetail.jzos.ErrnoException

Post by rschramm »

I am sure I am missing something.. but I am just not sure what it is...

I am getting

Code: Select all

Apr 4, 2007 5:21:07 PM org.apache.commons.digester.Digester startElement 
SEVERE: Begin event threw error                                          
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.dovetail.jzos.ErrnoException         
 at java.lang.J9VMInternals.verifyImpl(Native Method)                    
When I go to startup Tomcat.

I am attempting to move from the jzos 1.2.1 to the one that is included with z/OS 1.8 JDK 5.0.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Rob Schramm
Rob Schramm
coz

Post by coz »

Rob,

This looks like you are getting the 1.2.1 version of the shared library (.so) of jzos. Check to make sure you are no longer setting LIBPATH to point to any old jzos libraries. LIBPATH should no longer need to be set as the required .so files are in the SDK.
rschramm

Post by rschramm »

I keep trying to remove the jzos 1.2.1 from my libpath and classpath, but I am unsuccessful.

Here is my setup...

Code: Select all

# -----------------------------------------------------------------------------*
# This is a shell script which configures any environment variables for the     
# Java JVM.  Variables must be exported to be seen by the launcher.             
# -----------------------------------------------------------------------------*
. /etc/profile                                                                  
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lpp/java/J5.0                                             
# this section is needed for SSL support                                        
export JSSE_HOME="${JAVA_HOME}"/lib/ext                                         
# TOMCAT_HOME is read-only files                                                
# TOMCAT_BASE is for read-write i.e. logs temp webapps                          
export TOMCAT_BASE=/opt/fitb/tomcatdb                                           
export TOMCAT_HOME=/opt/fitb/tomcat                                             
# JAVA_POLICY is copied from ../WEB-INF/jspwiki.policy and customized.          
export JAVA_POLICY="${TOMCAT_BASE}"/conf/jspwiki.policy                         
#export JAVA_POLICY=/opt/fitb/tomcatdb/webapps/test/WEB-INF/jspwiki.policy      

export PATH=/bin:"${JAVA_HOME}"/bin:                                            

LIBPATH=/lib:/usr/lib:"${JAVA_HOME}"/bin                                        
LIBPATH="$LIBPATH":"${JAVA_HOME}"/bin/classic                                   
LIBPATH="$LIBPATH":"/u/jzos"                                                    
export LIBPATH="$LIBPATH":                                                      

CLASSPATH="${JAVA_HOME}/lib/tools.jar"                                          
CLASSPATH="$CLASSPATH":"${TOMCAT_HOME}/bin/bootstrap.jar"                       
CLASSPATH="$CLASSPATH":"${TOMCAT_HOME}/bin/commons-logging-api.jar"             
CLASSPATH="$CLASSPATH":"/u/jzos/jzos.jar"                                       
export CLASSPATH="$CLASSPATH":                                                  

# Set JZOS specific options                                                     
# Use this variable to specify encoding for DD STDOUT and STDERR                
#export JZOS_OUTPUT_ENCODING=Cp1047                                             
# Use this variable to prevent JZOS from handling MVS operator commands         
# export JZOS_ENABLE_MVS_COMMANDS=true                                          
# Use this variable to supply additional arguments to main                      
#export JZOS_MAIN_ARGS=""                                                       
# Configure JVM options                                                         
# Note that Tomcat requires default ASCII file.encoding                         
IJO="-Xms128m -Xmx300m"                                                         
IJO="$IJO -Dfile.encoding=ISO8859-1"                                            
#                                                                               
# can also do    xxxx=`id -gn` then use $xxxx in the name= field to use the     
#   assigned unix group..                                                       
#                                                                               
#IJO="$IJO -Xscmx50m"                                                           
IJO="$IJO -Xshareclasses:name=Tomcat,groupAccess,verbose"                       
IJO="$IJO -Xgcpolicy:optthruput"                                                
IJO="$IJO -verbose:class"                                                       
IJO="$IJO -verbose:gc"                                                          
# IJO="$IJO -verbosegc"                                                         
IJO="$IJO -Xifa:on"                                                             
# IJO="$IJO -Djzos.home=${JZOS_HOME}"                                           
IJO="$IJO -Dcatalina.base=${TOMCAT_BASE}"                                       
IJO="$IJO -Dcatalina.home=${TOMCAT_HOME}"                                       
IJO="$IJO -Djava.io.tmpdir=${TOMCAT_BASE}/temp"                                 
IJO="$IJO -Djava.security.policy=${JAVA_POLICY}"                                
IJO="$IJO -Djava.endorsed.dirs="                                                
IJO="${IJO}${TOMCAT_HOME}/common/endorsed"                                      
# Uncomment the following if you want to run without JIT                        
#IJO="$IJO -Djava.compiler=NONE"                                                
export IBM_JAVA_OPTIONS="$IJO "                                                 

export JAVA_DUMP_HEAP=false                                                     
export JAVA_PROPAGATE=NO                                                        
export IBM_JAVA_ZOS_TDUMP=NO                                                    
//                                                                              
Rob Schramm
rschramm

Post by rschramm »

When I remove the LIBPATH and CLASSPATH with the old JZos, that is when I see the failure.
Rob Schramm
coz

Post by coz »

Right - I forgot about this. Are you using the new version of the Tomcat SAF code? If not, you'll need to update that from our website. See:

http://dovetail.com/docs/jzos/saf.html