STEPLIB environment variables

General discussion on the JZOS batch launcher and toolkit
lisa.bates

STEPLIB environment variables

Post by lisa.bates »

There is a DB2 JDBC config task that involves running a Unix(USS) java command to bind some programs. According to the doc, you setup some environment variables for the usual suspects PATH, CLASSPATH, LIBPATH, and STEPLIB to the DB2 loadlibs if they are not in the linklist.

The command looks like
java com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Binder -url jdbc:db2://hostname:port/database -user USERID -password USERPW

Since I can never remember the syntax of the command, I was hoping to set up this process as a jzos batch job.

As a debugging step, I am first trying to create a similar setup to run the sample program provided to test the functionality of the JDBC driver.

With all the environment variables set for all the various paths, the error messages are:
in the SYSOUT DD
Could not load dll : /rsusr/db2/db2810/jcc/lib/libdb2jcct2zos.so
: EDC5157I An internal error has occurred. (errno2=0x0BDF03B2)

in the STDERR DD
Attempting to get a Connection with URL "jdbc:db2os390sqlj:RS22R81C"
com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.SqlException: Failure in loading T2 native library db2jcct2zos
library db2jcct2zos (libdb2jcct2zos.so) in sun.boot.library.path or java.libra
sun.boot.library.path=/rsusr/java/IBM/J1.4.2/bin
java.library.path=/lib:/usr/lib:/rsusr/java/IBM/J1.4.2/bin:/rsusr/java/IBM/J1.4.
:/usr/lib
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t2.a.a(a.java:31)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t2zos.T2zosConfiguration.e(T2zosConfiguration.java:596)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t2.T2Configuration.<clinit>(T2Configuration.java:71)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver.connect(DB2Driver.java:181)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:559)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:211)
at Sample01.main(Sample01.java:78 )
SQLException: com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.SqlException: Failure in loading T2 native libra
or: Can't find library db2jcct2zos (libdb2jcct2zos.so) in sun.boot.library.path
sun.boot.library.path=/rsusr/java/IBM/J1.4.2/bin
java.library.path=/lib:/usr/lib:/rsusr/java/IBM/J1.4.2/bin:/rsusr/java/IBM/J1.4.
:/usr/lib. SQLSTATE=null SQLCODE=-99999

db2jcct2zos is included in the one of the paths specified for the LIBPATH variable. It is a symbolic link to the MVS dataset that is identified in the STEPLIB'd datasets.

The interpretation of the errno2 0BDF03B2 is
BPXPRLOD 10/18/07
JRMVSPgmNotFound: A call to the exec or loadHFS service specified a file that resolves to an MVS program that cannot be found.

Action: Ensure that the specified HFS file points to a MVS program that exists in the caller"s MVS program search order.

My question is if I have the right syntax, and if the jzos batch processing should be able to 'see' datasets that are referenced by the following
STEPLIB=R81C.SDSNEXIT:DSN.V810.SDSNLOAD:DSN.V810.SDSNLOD2
export STEPLIB="$STEPLIB"

Thank you for your help or ideas for a solution..
Lisa
coz

Post by coz »

Sorry we missed this post - our notification mechanism failed.

You might find the following HOWTO on our website useful:

http://www.dovetail.com/docs/jzos/jdbc_universal.html

But, at a minimum, you should be setting a STEPLIB DD rather than an environment variable if running under batch.