Co:Z Toolkit for S390 is buggy

General discussion of the Co:Z Toolkit
Arie1

Co:Z Toolkit for S390 is buggy

Post by Arie1 »

It seems that the 31bit version was wrongly compiled with 64bit. Therefore it doesn't work and get an error.
http://www.dovetail.com/downloads/coz/c ... 1.s390.rpm

I have compiled it know from source and it works without problems.

As OS we have Centos 4.7 for s390.
dovetail
Site Admin

Post by dovetail »

I'm glad that you were able to rebuild from source without problems.

Can you provide more details on the error that you are getting?
The binaries are built with dependence on the LSB 3.0 libraries. Do you have these libraries installed on your system?
Arie1

Post by Arie1 »

There is a package redhat-lsb-3.0-8.EL installed.

the error-message i got was something like: not a binary
an ld -command to cozagent told that i want to run a 64 bit version on a 31bit linux.
dovetail
Site Admin

Post by dovetail »

We are looking into the problem, but I need to point out that Centos is not actually LSB certified. Also, we don't have access to a Centos z LPAR currently. I understand, of course, that Centos is derived from Red Hat, so that it *should* work anyway.

Background:
The binary packages for z Linux are "LSB 3.0" (Linux Standard Base) packages which are designed to work with LSB certified distros such as RHEL and SLE. These are for customers who don't want to build from source.

We also distribute a GNU-style open source package for the Co:Z distributed toolkit, licensed under GPL V2. This can be built with the standard "configure/make/make install" commands. I would recommend that in your case you use this version as you have done.

Eventually, we hope to get the Co:Z distributed toolkit package included in the major distributions, so that it will be available from your favorite distro's package libraries.