co:Z from z/OS to z/OS

General discussion of the Co:Z Toolkit
prichard

co:Z from z/OS to z/OS

Post by prichard »

i'm trying to run a shell using co:Z from z/OS to another target z/OS; i run the following JCL
//RUNCOZ EXEC PROC=COZPROC,ARGS='prichar@tx1.mop.ibm.com'
//COZCFG DD *
ssh-options=-vv
//STDIN DD *
uname -a
echo "We are running on: " `uname -sr`
env
/*
but it returns
/opt/dovetail/coz/bin/cozagent: FSUM7351 not found
obviously there is nothing that got installed under /opt in the z/OS installation part.
i just installed to 'server' part on both z/OS images.
do i need to install the 'client' part on my target z/OS image ? if so, which target executables version should i install on z/OS ?

thanks
dovetail
Site Admin

Post by dovetail »

Currently, we don't support z/OS as a target system. We've considered adding it; how urgent is your requirement for this?
prichard

Post by prichard »

no urgency at all, i was just considering trying it, and see if i could use it as a nice alternative to execute remote shell commands in batch.
thanks anyway
dovetail
Site Admin

Post by dovetail »

The lastest version of Co:Z (1.0.4) now supports z/OS to z/OS process launching. Enjoy!
prichard

Post by prichard »

:D
thanks for this excellent news !
i will give it a try as soon as possible
dovetail
Site Admin

Post by dovetail »

Please let us know what you think.

There is a new "-local" switch on the todsn and fromdsn commands. This allows you to use on a remotely-launched z/OS target and read/write local datasets. "-sock" is the default if running in a launched process, which means to reach back and read/write data on the launching system.

You can also use the "cozclient" command in the launched shell script, which allows you to run any arbitrary shell command or script in the launching job and redirect its pipes.

Yes, its a little confusing..... the whole concept takes a little while to get your head around :-)