Problem accessing my own MVS datasets

Discussion of Co:Z sftp, a port of OpenSSH sftp for z/OS
mghayman

Problem accessing my own MVS datasets

Post by mghayman »

I’m trying to access MVS datasets using “cozsftp” and having some difficulty. If I issue “lcd //SYS1” it works fine but if I try and access my own datasets with “lcd //COMMMH” it fails with the message “Couldn't change local directory to "//commmh"”. I can’t find any error messages but suspect the problem may be with security. There’s a generic profile for “SYS1” datasets with a UACC of READ but the generic profile for my own datasets have a UACC of NONE. Does the product use the SSHD started task name to check access or the individual user name?
dovetail
Site Admin

Post by dovetail »

If you are using the cozsftp client, then the lcd command is accessing the filesystem using the userid that is running cozsftp (the client). So, if you are logged into "COMMMH" when you issue the cozsftp command, then you should be able to see your own files.

If this is not the problem, then try enabling a trace and send the results of the following to me at info@dovetail.com and I'll take a look.

> cozsftp user@host
sftp> lzopts loglevel=F
sftp> lcd //COMMMH
mghayman

Post by mghayman »

I had a quick look at the most recent announcement and it has the following comments:

This release has some minor fixes to Co:Z SFTP
- navigating alias dataset levels as a "directory" now works better.

I was running Coz 1.2.0 so I downloaded 1.2.4 and the problem has gone away. My datasets are accessed via an alias whereas the other ones that didn't have the problem were in the master catalog. I assume this was the problem all along. Thanks for your help.
dovetail
Site Admin

Post by dovetail »

I'm sorry - I should have guessed that to be your problem. Glad you figured it out.