JZOS launcher and ibmjzos.jar

General discussion on the JZOS batch launcher and toolkit
usaajrm

JZOS launcher and ibmjzos.jar

Post by usaajrm »

I walking through the JZOS 2.3.2 installation guide. In the trouble shooting section, it highlights problem associated with a version mismatch between the launcher and the ibmjzos.jar. How can I determine what verions of the jar is? how do I determine the current version of the launcher? where do I get an update jar to match JZOS 2.3.2? Any other known install bumps would be appreciated.
dovetail
Site Admin

Post by dovetail »

I assume that you mean you have downloaded the alphaWorks version of JZOS 2.3.2.

JZOS is also included in the SDK. Unless you need new features available only in alphaWorks, you are better off getting the latest service refresh of the IBM Java SDK and using the JZOS that it includes, since you will get IBM support center service. alphaWorks is not officially supported (see the license terms).

That said, let me try to answer your questions, since they are good ones..

- JZOS code is in three places:
- the JZOS batch launcher load module (JVMLDM50/56/60/66)
- the ibmjzos.jar (in the SDK: {java_home}/lib/ext/ibmjzos.jar
- the native library (dll) libjzos50/56/50/66.so

If you run the batch launcher load module, it will print out *its* version, and when it loads the ibmjzos.jar then will compare against *its* version and also against the native library's version. If all three don't match, you will see a warning message.

You can also look in the ibmjzos.jar at the file com/ibm/jzos/build_version.properties and see the version there.