Abend 0c4 in Co:Z Toolkit

General discussion of the Co:Z Toolkit
jacobsm

Abend 0c4 in Co:Z Toolkit

Post by jacobsm »

We're getting a intermitent abend 0c4 while testing the product.

CEE3204S The system detected a protection exception (System Completion Code=0C4)
From entry point DtlLog::logmsg(int,...) at compile unit offset +0000055A at
address 1840CF3A.

We are running version: 1.3.0 2009-06-11 of the Co:Z launcher.
dovetail
Site Admin

Post by dovetail »

Are you getting a CEEDUMP? (Language Environment formatted dump).
If so, please email it to us at support@dovetail.com along with:

- any log messages that you are getting.
- your z/OS version

Thanks.
dovetail
Site Admin

Post by dovetail »

Just a hunch, but how many ports do you have defined in "server-ports"? Is the connection starting before you get the 0C4? I found a bug in the message that gets displayed when an available port in this range cannot be found, which *could* cause an 0C4 under the right circumstances. A CEEDUMP would probably be able to confirm the problem...
jacobsm

Abend 0c4

Post by jacobsm »

I just sent the ceedump and the joblog/jcl. We are running this job under zos 1.9 with 8 server ports defined in the configuration file.
dovetail
Site Admin

Post by dovetail »

Thanks for sending the dump.
I confirmed that the problem is related to a bug in a message that is displayed when a listen() fails after a bind() suceeds for a socket. Apparently this can occur in some scenarios when ports in the server-port range are in use.

We have fixed this in a beta release for Co:Z 1.4.0. (If anyone else is having this problem, please send a note to support@dovetail.com and we will arrange to make the beta available to you)
Raza01

Re: Abend 0c4 in Co:Z Toolkit

Post by Raza01 »

The link shows suport for Linux RedHat V5 (3.1). Our admins are going to RedHat 5.4. Will CoZ be certified for 5.4? If so, when? I sure would like to get this installed but am faced with their requirements to proceed. Thank you.
Decrease your exam stress by using our Testking Six Sigma Green Belt best quality testking and prince2 certification. We provide with 100% fcc guarantee along with Southern California University of Health Sciences and selftestengine.
dovetail
Site Admin

Re: Abend 0c4 in Co:Z Toolkit

Post by dovetail »

- I'm not sure which link you are referring to. See the downloads page here: http://dovetail.com/downloads/coz/index.html

Also, please start a new thread for a question that is unrelated to the thread.