install failed for 64 bit linux

General discussion of the Co:Z Toolkit
usaajrm

install failed for 64 bit linux

Post by usaajrm »

Tried installing rpm -ivh coz-toolkit-1.0.5-1.i486.rpm on a linux box.
Got the following error
[root@testbat1l tmp]#
[root@testbat1l tmp]# rpm -ivh coz-toolkit-1.0.5-1.i486.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
lsb-core-ia32 >= 3.0 is needed by coz-toolkit-1.0.5-1.i486
[root@testbat1l tmp]# rpm -ivh --nodep coz-toolkit-1.0.5-1.i486.rpm
--nodep: unknown option
[root@testbat1l tmp]# rpm -ivh --nodeps coz-toolkit-1.0.5-1.i486.rpm
Preparing... ########################################### [100%]
1:coz-toolkit ########################################### [100%]
dovetail
Site Admin

Post by dovetail »

The pre-built Co:Z Target system toolkit packages require that the Linux distro be LSB (Linux Standard Base) 3.0 compatible.

If your system is not LSB, then you can build from the source distribution that is available on the download page. See the following appendix in the user's guide for more information on building:

http://dovetail.com/docs/coz/install_unix_gnu.html
usaajrm

Post by usaajrm »

Sys admin reports this is on the system.
redhat-lsb-3.0-8.EL

Is the the correct one?
dovetail
Site Admin

Post by dovetail »

If you are running a Redhat distribution that is LSB 3.0 certified, then you should already have the packages that you need.

Here are the LSB compatible distros:
http://www.linuxfoundation.org/lsb-cert ... hp?by_prod

From this list, you can see that RHEL 4 update 2 or RHEL 5 support 3.0 (or 3.1) are certified.

If you aren't using a certified LSB 3.0 (or above) distro, then I *strongly* suggest that you build from source. It is very simple (./configure, make, make install), and its probably easier and better than trying to get a working LSB environment on a non-certified distro.

If you are using a LSB 3.0 distro and for some reason the lsb support package is not installed, then the best thing to do is to use your package dependency tool (yum) to resolve package dependencies to make sure you get the right package.

From the error that you initially got, what you need is lsb-core-ia32 3.0 (or later). You would need to verify that redhat-lsb-3.0-8.EL "provides" this package.
usaajrm

Post by usaajrm »

The link shows suport for Linux RedHat V5 (3.1). Our admins are going to RedHat 5.4. Will CoZ be certified for 5.4? If so, when? I sure would like to get this installed but am faced with their requirements to proceed. Thank you.
dovetail
Site Admin

Post by dovetail »

According to the certification chart, all versions of RHEL V5 are LSB 3.1 compatible. Since LSB is always backwards compatible, 3.1 implies 3.0 compatibility. So this distribution is supported.

The pre-build LSB binaries are really just for convenience; you can always build from the source distribution which is easy to do on Red Hat or other Linux distros.