FSUM7351 not found

General discussion of the Co:Z Toolkit
agattu

FSUM7351 not found

Post by agattu »

I have installed Co:Z on several LPAR:s now but on the last one, I can't make it work.

I get these messages when I try to start it:

Code: Select all

CoZLauncherÝN¨: version: 1.3.2 2009-07-14                                       
CoZLauncherÝN¨: Copyright (C) Dovetailed Technologies, LLC. 2006. All rights reserved
CoZLauncherÝI¨: Agent output WTO is OFF                                         
CoZLauncherÝI¨: ssh tunnelling is ON                                            
CoZLauncherÝI¨: CoZServer listener socket bound to: 127.0.0.1:8040              

dirname: /usr/local/coz/bin/read_passwd_dsn.sh 1: FSUM7351 not found            
/fromdsn: /usr/local/coz/bin/read_passwd_dsn.sh 11: FSUM7351 not found          
sed: /usr/local/coz/bin/read_passwd_dsn.sh 11: FSUM7351 not found               
Permission denied, please try again.   

Permission denied, please try again.                                            

Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive).                    

CoZLauncherÝE¨: ftptestÖ131.97.150.186 target command '<default shell>' ended with RC=255
CoZLauncherÝI¨: CoZLauncher ended with RC=255       

No commands are recognize in the shell-script. I tried to add an "echo-line" but that also failed.

echo: /usr/local/coz/bin/read_passwd_dsn.sh 3: FSUM7351 not found    
If I run script with COZBATCH or AOPBATCH it all works fine. dirname and echo are found.

Any suggestions on what to do would be helpful. Probably some setup on the z/OS but I can't figure our what.

Thanks
dovetail
Site Admin

Post by dovetail »

What script are you trying to run with Co:Z Launcher?
Realize that with Co:Z Launcher, that this script will be run remotely on another server.

If you post your complete JCL/JOB, we might be able to see what you are trying to do and offer some help.
agattu

Post by agattu »

Thanks for the answer.

The JOB I'm running looks like this:

//V046165Z JOB (510VV400100),'FUNCTEST',                      
//             MSGCLASS=H,MSGLEVEL=(1,1),                     
//             CLASS=N,NOTIFY=V046165                         
//PROCLIB JCLLIB ORDER='F1SYX1.COZ.PROCLIB'                   
//RUNCOZ EXEC PROC=COZPROC,                                   
//            ARGS='-LI ftptestÖ131.97.150.186',              
//            LIBRARY='F1SYX1.COZ.LOADLIB',                   
//            COZCFGD='F1SYX1.COZ.PARMLIB(COZCFGD)'           
//COZCFG DD *                                                 
ssh-options=-oStrictHostKeyChecking=no                        
server-env-SSH_ASKPASS=/usr/local/coz/bin/read_passwd_dsn.sh  
server-env-DISPLAY=none                                       
server-env-PASSWD_DSN=F1SYX1.COZ.MAINT(PW)                    
//STDIN DD *                                                  
  echo "Working....."                                         
  uname -a                                                                                  
I realize that the script will run remotely but the problem is /usr/local/coz/bin/read_passwd_dsn.sh and as far as I understand, that script is running on z/OS under USS.
It logs on to the remote machine but when it is going to read and deliver the password, it fails.

Thanks
dovetail
Site Admin

Post by dovetail »

Please verify that "/usr/local/coz/bin" is the location where you installed the Co:Z files and the the file "/usr/local/coz/bin/read_passwd_dsn.sh" is executable by the userid that is running the batch job.
agattu

Post by agattu »

Yes, that is so

This is a directory listing for script and as you can see, it can be executed by all.

(X101:V046165) /usr/local/coz/bin:>ls -l read*                            
-rwxr-xr-x   1 VX53897  BASE         480 Jul 14  2009 read_passwd_dsn.sh  
And I think that the script is executing but it is the instructions in the script that isn't recognized. As I mentioned earlier, if I add a line
echo Some text I get the message

echo: /usr/local/coz/bin/read_passwd_dsn.sh 3: FSUM7351 not found
added to the lines with errors.

As I understand it, the script is executed but the interpreter does not understand the content of the script and that is what I don't understand.

If I run the script from the command line or using COZBATCH or AOPBATCH the interpreter understands it but it will off course fail to do anything useful that way.

Thanks
dovetail
Site Admin

Post by dovetail »

Can you run again with a trace, and email the output to support@dovetail.com so that we can look?

To do this, change this:
// ARGS='-LT,t ftptestÖ131.97.150.186',

and add these lines to COZCFG
agent-options=-LT,t
target-env-COZ_LOG=T,t
agattu

Post by agattu »

I have sent the trace to support@dovetail.com
The name is Topic: FSUM7351 not found
dovetail
Site Admin

Post by dovetail »

There seems to be some problem with the read_passwd_dsn.sh script.

Check that it contains the following:

#! /bin /sh
# This shell script is a front-end to the Co:Z "fromdsn" command
# and will read the contents from the dataset named in the $PASSWD_DSN
# environment variable and write it to stdout

# This is designed to be used with a dataset that contains a single record
# containing the password.   Leading and trail blanks are removed from the
# record (but not trailing line sequence numbers!!).

COZ_BIN=`dirname $0`
"$COZ_BIN/fromdsn" "$PASSWD_DSN" | sed 's/^ *\(.*\) *$/\1/'
Can you try running it from a z/OS Unix shell like this:

export PASSWD_DSN="F1SYX1.COZ.MAINT(PW)"
/usr/local/coz/bin/read_passwd_dsn.sh
agattu

Post by agattu »

If I run the code you suggested from the command line, I get the following result:

(X101:V046165) /u/v046165:>export PASSWD_DSN="F1SYX1.COZ.MAINT(PW)"             
(X101:V046165) /u/v046165:>/usr/local/coz/bin/read_passwd_dsn.sh                
fromdsn(F1SYX1.COZ.MAINT(PW))ÝN¨: 1 records/80 bytes read; 8 bytes written in 0 milliseconds.
j5k0b01                                                                         
(X101:V046165) /u/v046165:> 
Thanks
agattu

Post by agattu »

Have you found any solution for this problem. As you can see in my previous posts, the script read_passwd_dsn.sh is working when you run it from the z/OS Unix shell but not when it is run as part of the CoZ procedure!
dovetail
Site Admin

Post by dovetail »

I am at a loss to explain why the "read_passwd_dsn.sh" shell script is failing in your environment.

The Co:Z Launcher spawns the IBM Ported Tools "ssh" command, and it forks this shell as a command when you have SSH_ASKPASS set. There seems to be something different in the USS environment that is preventing it from finding any Unix commands (like dirname, which is in /bin).

I have seen situations where shell scripts fail when they are run under a codepage that causes misinterpretation of special characters, but from the trace it looks like yours is set to LANG=C.

The symptoms indicate that the $PATH is not set when the shell script runs. Perhaps you can add the following line before the other commands in this read_passwd_dsn.sh shell script:

echo PATH=$PATH

And check to see that PATH includes /bin. If it does, then I believe that there is something wrong with your Unix environment and that the FSUM7351 message that you are getting is incorrect - there is something else wrong and you may have to open a PMR with IBM to see what it is.

An alternative would be to have a shell script with only the following line:

cat //\'$PASSWD_DSN\'

Since "cat" is a shell built-in.
Note: that this will require that the password dataset have RECFM=V or RECFM=VB and that the password record contain no leading or trailing spaces.

Or, you could replace the shell script with a simple program that opens the dataset and writes out the password to stdout.