Using Dataset Pipes on AS/400 i5

Discussion of the Co:Z Toolkit Dataset Pipes utilities
jknoblauch

Using Dataset Pipes on AS/400 i5

Post by jknoblauch »

Is there a way to use Dataset Pipes on AS/400 i5?
Is it possible to compile the source on those platform?

The reason for that question is to find a way to send or receive Data from and to z/OS triggered by AS/400

Kind Regards
Josef
dovetail
Site Admin

Post by dovetail »

Have you considered using Co:Z SFTP on z/OS with OpenSSH SFTP on the AS/400? (OpenSSH for i5 is available from IBM).

Otherwise, it is possible to build the Co:Z Target Toolkit for the AS/400 from source (although we have not done this). You can download the source here:

http://dovetail.com/downloads/coz/index.html (bottom/right of page)
jknoblauch

Post by jknoblauch »

dovetail wrote:Have you considered using Co:Z SFTP on z/OS with OpenSSH SFTP on the AS/400? (OpenSSH for i5 is available from IBM).

Otherwise, it is possible to build the Co:Z Target Toolkit for the AS/400 from source (although we have not done this). You can download the source here:

http://dovetail.com/downloads/coz/index.html (bottom/right of page)
If we use Co:Z Batch on z/OS MVS with the Host triggering the Data Transfer then the Data Transfer to and from i5 is working.
The point is, in our case, that i5 is the one who is triggering the Data Transfer.

We cannot use OpenSSH SFTP because with OpenSSH SFTP it is only possible die store Data through Unix System Services on th Host site.
With Co:Z SFTP or fromdsn or todsn we can store Data directly to PS or PO Members in MVS.

In KW 37 we will try to compile and install the toolkit on i5.
I will post the result.
dovetail
Site Admin

Post by dovetail »

We cannot use OpenSSH SFTP because with OpenSSH SFTP it is only possible die store Data through Unix System Services on th Host site.
I'm not sure that I understand the issue. With OpenSSH SFTP on the AS/400, you can connect to Co:Z SFTP on z/OS (initiated from the AS/400) and upload and download directly to z/OS datasets.
Babblu

Re: Using Dataset Pipes on AS/400 i5

Post by Babblu »

These facility would enhance/augment the 'Multi-protocol File Exchange Gateway' you have advocated.